Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

First off I want to say


Merry Christmas


and


Happy New Year!


I had a wonderful time with my family and friends over the holidays and I'm so glad that I was able to share the special time of the year with them. But now I'm back at school and have realized that this is the "New" time. Everything is starting over fresh. There is a new year, a new semester, a new job, new classes, new people to meet, etc. It is an excellent time to make and set goals and start doing things better in my life. Today, my Relief Society lesson was on being proactive and making goals in our lives. Being proactive means that you think about the choice you are making before you make it. It is not just reacting to the things that are happening, but being conscience of your choices and trying to make good ones. And part of this is making goals and striving to accomplish them. These goals should not only be in the most apparent parts of our lives, but in every part. She said that we should all make goals in these catergories:
  • spiritual
  • physical
  • emotional
  • relationships
  • mental/educational

These are all areas in life that often need to be worked on to become better in my life. So I've decided to make goals for this semester ad actually follow through with them. I am going to make them in this week before school starts.

And on that note, I want to say on with a new year and a new semester!



1 comment:

  1. Yay for Rachel finishing her blog! And, we are going to write our New Years resolutions today, right??

    ReplyDelete